Wednesday, May 6, 2015

A Far Horizon, Volume II of the Shadows of Brierley

A Far Horizon, Volume II of the Shadows of Brierley


Featured Song: “Horizon” by Steve Winwood



Starting on a side note, this song, though not well known, is done by one of my favorite musicians of all time. I admire Steve Winwood as a person, as well as a musician. I’ve seen him in concert multiple times, and actually met him back in 1994. His voice in this piece is magnificent! He’s responsible for some classic rock and roll that most people don’t realize he’s responsible for. He’s a genius!


Moving on, this second volume of the “Brierley” series includes a great many challenges for my characters, and I suspect that reading it can be an emotional journey almost as intense for the reader as it was for me in writing it. I wanted to portray what I believe to be a typical experience of the people who sacrificed a great deal, and struggled through many hardships, in order to become Americans and make the gospel a part of their lives. I’m not going to say much more, except that the story has a happy ending and a great deal of peace and hope. Also, I was able to have Joseph and Emma make a believable appearance. Since they are two of my favorite people, it was a joy to include them. I hope you enjoy it if you haven’t already read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment